The Ship Inn is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
The Ship Inn is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting our website, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
What information we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Contact Information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode
- Other personal information relevant
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with the service you have asked from us.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
The cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to our customer’s needs.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our systems.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We will normally retain your personal data until you no longer need our services.
You have the right to ask us not to retain the information we hold about you. But in doing so this may prevent us from being to carry out the tasks you have asked of us.
Your rights under Data Protection Law
We operate under the Data Protection Act 2018 (‘DPA’) and the European General Data Protection Regulation (‘GDPR’).
The DPA and GDPR apply to ‘personal data’ we process, and the data protection principles set out the main responsibilities we are responsible for.
Under the GDPR You have the following specific rights in respect of the personal data we process:
- The right to be informed about how we use personal data.
- This Privacy Statement explains who we are; the purposes for which we process personal data and our legitimate interests in so doing; the categories of data we process; third party disclosures; and details of any transfers of personal data outside the UK.
- The right of access to the personal data we hold. This will be free of charge and must be provided within 30 days of receipt.
- The right to rectification, where data is inaccurate or incomplete. In such cases we shall make any amendments or additions within 30 days of the request.
- The right to erasure of personal data.
If you have a complaint about data protection at The Ship Inn contact us at email@example.com